- Click on your profile image or name in the top left navigation to access your profile page.
- Scroll down to the Jobseeker criteria field and click Edit. (Or click on the following link to go directly to the settings: jobseeker criteria)
- Now select that you are actively looking for a job at Your current jobseeker status. This setting indicates to our members or to the recruiters that they may contact you about a job offer.
- Also select who is allowed to see this status under Who can see this. If you have the ProJobs add-on you can block XING members individually.
We also recommend that you enter keywords under your "Skills" and "Wants" that are relevant to your career in order to increase the chances of being found by potential employers.
Please note: Usually your most recent employer listed in your professional experience is shown alongside your profile photo. If you no longer work for this employer you can add an end date for this job in the respective entry under "Professional experience" in your profile.
You don’t want to have your most recent employer shown at all? In that case you can do the following:
Scroll down to your "Professional experience" and create a new entry by clicking the "Add" button, then enter, by way of an example, the following information:
- Position: E.g. Your preferred position
- Employment status: Your preferred type of employment, e.g. full-time, part-time, etc.
- Industry: Select your preferred industry. If you don’t want to limit yourself to a specific industry then you can select "Other".
- Company: E.g. Seeking employment, etc.
You have to fill in these four mandatory fields. Alternatively, you can also enter a maximum of two dashes in the free text fields "Position" and "Company" if you do not wish to include any specific information. Now click on Edit business card at the top of your profile and then on Edit list in the window that opens. Remove your current job entry from the Listed in your business card section and add the entry you have just created.
What else can you do to let other members know that you’re looking for a new job?
The following help text gives you tips and advice on how you can use XING effectively to help you when seeking employment: How can XING help me with my job search?