In January 2018 we released a new version of the business card found at the top of XING profiles. It gives users the opportunity to give the way they present themselves on their profile a more personal touch. The display layout for the web and XING apps for iOS and Android has also been standardised.
Here are the new features:
- In addition to a profile photo, Premium members can now upload a cover image, perhaps to transport a marketing message, feature a company logo, or include some welcoming words. A neutral standard image is shown for basic members. (File formats: JPG, BMP, PNG, max. 20 MB, recommended resolution: 1280 x 624 pixels)
- Up to 5 entries from your professional experience and/or educational background are featured on your business card. Basic members can include a maximum of 2 entries.
- When clicked on, the profile photo is shown in an enlarged format.
Here’s how you edit the information in your business card:
- You can click on the button Edit business card to change your profile photo and cover image, edit your academic titles, your job titles / qualifications next to your photo, and your contact details.
- Clicking on the button with three dots takes you to the settings and you can promote your profile.
Here’s how you make contact with other members using the new business card:
- When visiting another member’s profile you can add them as a contact directly in the business card. If the member is already a contact of yours, you will see the Send message button.
- If you click on the button with the three dots you have the option to invite this member to join a group, to block this person, report the profile, or view their shared contact details. You can also access their contact information by clicking on the city shown in the business card itself.