If you encounter problems using the platform, it often helps to delete your browsing history, the so-called cache and cookies. In order to delete these, proceed as follows:
With Internet Explorer 11.0
- Click on Tools (cog symbol) in your browser menu (or press ctrl+shift+delete on your keyborad and continue with #5).
- Then select Internet options in the menu that appears.
- Select the General tab.
- Under Cache, press the Clear browser cache… button.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, check the boxes Temporary Internet files and Cookies.
- Click the Delete button.
With Microsoft Edge
- Open the menu by clicking on the icon with the three dots ("Settings and more") in the top right corner (or press ctrl+shift+delete on your keyborad and continue with #4).
- Then choose Settings (at the bottom).
- Scroll down to Clear browsing data and then click on Choose what to clear.
- Check the boxes Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files.
- Click Clear.
With Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu button in the top right corner of the browser and choose Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the "Cookies and Site Data" section, click Clear Data.
- Check the boxes Cookies & Site Data and Cached Web Content.
- Click the Clear button.
With Google Chrome
- Click on More in the top right of your browser (the button with the three dots).
- Click on More tools.
- Click the button Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Check the boxes Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Click the Clear data button.
With Apple Safari
- Click on Safari then choose Preferences.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Now click on Remove All
Are you still having problems? Get in touch using the contact form and don’t forget to include the following information:
- Detailed description of the error you are encountering
- What Internet browser do you use? (e.g. Mozilla Firefox 60)
- What operating system do you use? (e.g. Windows 10 / Apple OSX 10.11.4)